Insurance billing is available from Fresh Maintenance. Please contact us for more information, when you need help with your Insurance Claim.
Filing an insurance claim can be daunting. Here are some tips on how to file a successful insurance claim with ease.
- Prevent More Damage From Happening For your damage claim to be successful, show your insurance provider that you made efforts to prevent further damage, if possible. For example, for water damage, if you have a broken pipe fix it. Don’t wait for a little puddle to become much worse, thus increasing your damage claim. Your insurer will say the damage is due to your negligence, and won’t be their responsibility to cover.
- Check Your Policy’s Coverage. Don’t just assume. For example, basic homeowner’s insurance policy does not cover water damage claims, though the more comprehensive policies do. Check your policy and confirm that you have this type of coverage.
- Get Proof. Take pictures on your camera or phone, and/or take video of the damage. When you file a claim, it has a better chance of being successful if you have proof to show your provider. Documentation will help prevent a claim dispute. Keep good records of your property damage, related repairs and conversations with your insurance company. Doing so will help to minimize the risk of any misunderstanding between you and your insurance company and will also help to protect your rights.
- Avoid The F-Word: Flood. Yes, water damage claims and flood damage claims are two different things. Water damage claims have a good chance of being successful. Flood damage claims do not. Standard homeowner’s insurance policies do not include flood coverage, homeowners have to purchase this coverage separately. Many policies will pay if the water source was a toilet and wont if it is ground water
- Avoid the M-Word: Mold. Standard homeowner’s insurance policies do not include mold coverage, homeowners have to purchase this coverage separately.
We will work with you on your insurance claim to help you make sure you get the most from your insurance company.
For Residential & Commercial Disaster Recovery, Damage Restoration and Mold Removal call Fresh Maintenance today at 1-866-543-3257.