The most common cause of water damage is the result of some type of plumbing issue from a leak or a broken pipe. In some areas flooding is always a concern. Fresh Maintenance offers professional water mitigation services, which will reduce the harm caused by a water related incident in your home. Fresh Maintenance can dry and restore your home to its previous pre-disaster condition.
Damage from a flood gets worse as time goes on. Your property may become permanently damaged if an emergency response is delayed past the first 48 hours after a disaster.
In the event of a flood, do the following:
- First, Be Calm! Call Fresh Maintenance at 866-543-3257.
- Make sure the water source is turned off. This will help contain the flooding and stop further areas and items from water damage.
- Turn off the circuit breaker in the affected area before you unplug or remove any electrical devices located on the wet carpet. Electrocution is a very real possibility.
- Place aluminum foil under the legs of any furniture which is on the wet carpet if you can’t move it to a dry area.. This will help prevent furniture stains on your carpet. It will also keep the furniture from absorbing water which will prevent damage.
- Tie or lift drapes up away from any wet carpet.
- Pin up skirts on couches and chairs which could get wet.
- Remove all items that are in contact with the wet carpet, like books, shoes, paper goods, plants, and other items which could stain the wet carpet.
Do not attempt the following:
- Do not use your home vacuum, since you may get an electrical shock, and you may damage the equipment itself.
- Don’t place newspaper in traffic areas to walk on, since newspaper ink may stain the wet carpet.
- Don’t walk on carpet any more than you have to. This will keep the damage from spreading to dry areas.
Although you might be tempted to use a shop vacuum to handle the flood yourself, you should consider that water can wick up walls and travel under the floor. It will penetrate through the floor into sub-floors, and can cause damage to the room below. Also, if humidity inside isn’t controlled, possessions not affected by the original flood could be damaged by absorbing moisture from the air. Anything that is not dried properly and quickly can become a source for mold to grow, which could require professional mold removal.
Our Flood Damage Restoration Technicians are trained on all of the latest techniques, using state-of-the-art equipment and machinery. Moisture meters are used to locate moisture that may not be visible or may be hidden behind walls or cabinets, so that our Water Damage Restoration Service Technicians can be certain that everything is dry. Because we understand how important it is to react quickly in the unfortunate event of water, smoke or fire damage, you can rely on Fresh Maintenance. We’re there when you need us!
For emergency service call us at 866-543-3257.