Toxic mold (Stachybotrys):
Stachybotrys is NOT the green mold found on bread or cheese and will not have a musty odor, the odor is more of an earthy smell like that of a rotting log. It is the most common example of toxic mold.
Black mold or toxic mold as it is sometimes called contamination has been in the news lately with the death of actress Britney Murphy. Black mold is extremely toxic and can be deadly, especially to children, and seniors with mold allergies. Wallboard, sheet rock or insulation can act as wicks for any floods or unrepaired water leaks. After black mold begins in homes, spores are continuously released by the mold. The microscopic mold spores quickly become airborne and travel throughout the air conditioning and heating systems. A mold infested home creates a lethal environment for anyone predisposed to allergies.
Toxic mold symptoms:
- Coughing up blood
- Nose bleeds
- Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea
- Chest congestion
- Difficulty breathing
- Skin rashes
- Forgetfulness and memory loss
- Pulmonary hemorrhage
Detecting toxic mold:
Having professionals test for toxic mold contamination is important. Home Do-It-Yourself kits are inaccurate. Estimates are always free 866-543-3257, call us anytime 24/7. We have an A+ rating with the BBB and always rank high on Angie’s List.