Reasons to Test for Mold in a Westchester County home or business:
There are many Reasons to Test for Mold in a Westchester County home or business here is a list.
- To establish a baseline for future testing. This allows a mold professional to track and evaluate the progress of a Westchester mold remediation. If the current levels are unknown, it is difficult to know how much progress has been made.
- To establish the presence of mold and the types. While all mold should and needs to be removed it is often helpful to know how much mold is present and the type. Different molds grow at different rates and under different circumstances. So knowing the type and how much can give you an idea as to what caused the growth in the beginning.
- To set the parameters for the remediation. There needs to be a finish line when dealing with a mold cleanup. It is impossible to get the structure mold free, so safe and acceptable levels need to be established.
- To find “hidden mold”. The mold may not be visible in a house, but a moldy odor provides cause for concern. Testing will identify if there is a mold problem, even if the mold is growing behind walls.
- To “establish” if there is or isn’t mold, as in a home purchase. Sometimes a homebuyer will have concerns about mold when purchasing a new home. A mold test can provide a lot of information like if there are high levels of mold and what kind.
- To support a law suit. A lawyer usually needs to have evidence of the presence or absence of mold and to support a legal action. Testing can show scientifically if mold is, or is not, present.